Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Will the support hold ?

On March 21 i wrote,

The price trend as evidenced by EMAs is still up without a question. But the momentum went to a sell today. When this happens we typically go down and test the rising EMAs. Remember we had gotten far above the rising EMAs. So some correction was required to bring the prices back to mother earth. I think the brutal selloff we saw on SPX was a wave A selloff. We should see another wave B up and another wave C down to about 1290-1295 region before the uptrend resumes.

Today the wave C tested the 1290 dynamic support. Little did i know last week that it would take so long to test this region. My system remains on a daily sell signal from March 21. My guess is we will get a momentum thrust tommorow, which should issue a buy signal on the daily. I bought some April ES calls around 1301 in anticipation of that. I don't like front running my signals, but sometimes when the risk/reward is too good, i take it.

The larger question for tommorow is, will the SPX 1290 support hold ?

No comments: